It’s time for the 2018 Chili Cook-off! Start testing your recipes and preparing for the finale. Everyone is invited to come and bring a friend for some fun and fellowship on Sunday, October 29 at 5 p.m. Please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org to register and be a part of the competitive fun. Otherwise , just come and enjoy some good chili and fellowship.
Official Rules and Regulations
Dutchtown Baptist Church is accepting Homestyle Chili which is defined by the International Chili Society as “any kind of meat or combination of ingredients resulting in a dish seasoned with chili peppers and spices.” We are not limiting the contest to specific types of chili, all are acceptable.
Dishes will be judged and awarded for the spiciest and
favorite pots of chili
1. Any chili entered should be completely cooked before the start of our event. Please bring your dish (while hot) in a pot, crock pot or container meant to keep the chili warm.
2. Chili ingredients are the responsibility of the contestants.
3. Each contestant is asked to cook a 6 quart crock pot or its equivalent of chili. This will allow guests to enjoy chili after the competition.
4. All entries should remain anonymous; you will be assigned a number at the ‘welcome table’ near the front of the church. Please be sure to find this table before bringing your dish inside. It is not required, but requested to have your name hidden on any equipment.
5. Judging will be based on the following: chili flavor, texture, consistency, blend of spices, aroma and color.
6. Judges decisions will be final.