- Door-to-Door Teams
- Homebound Ministry Team
- Prayer-Walking Teams
- Construction Teams
- Church Ministry Packet Teams
- Praying For Our Teams
Door to Door Evangelism Teams
We will target a five mile radius around the church. A map of the area will be posted on a wall to monitor progress. We will meet the people and ask if there is anything we can pray for them for and share the gospel when possible. Training will be provided if needed. We will deliver a Church Ministry Packet to each house. Bible Verses: And the Lord said unto the servants, Go out in the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. Luke 14:23 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth. Acts 1:8
- You will be assigned to a team. Each will consist of two adults. (men with men, women with women or married couples)
- Your team will be assigned to one week of the month to a street that is assigned to your team by the team leader
- You will receive a clipboard with paperwork and a map showing the street you are to minister to.
- Fill out a separate card for each house.
- Be sure to write the street address and family name, if possible on each survey card.
- If no one is at home, write “not home” on the top of the card and leave a church ministry packet on the door.
- If it takes three months to finish the street/neighborhood, that is okay. This is not a sprint to see how fast we can get this done.
- We want to have a presence in numerous places throughout a five mile radius around our church.
- When you have finished the street assigned to your team, return the map and cards on the clip board to the office.
Homebound Ministry Team
The Homebound mission seeks to share the love of Jesus through providing an opportunity for members or others who are connected to our church and are unable to regularly attend to remain connect to God’s people and the church. Bible Verse: You shall rise up before the gray-headed and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the Lord. Lev. 19:32
- There will be two people on each team.
- The number of teams will be determined by the number of volunteers.
- We will discover and minister to people in our church or those connected to our church.
- Teams will bring CD’s of our services, Sunday School books, etc. to our homebound.
- In case of hurricanes and other disasters, Homebound Teams will check on the homebound.
- Teams will discover other opportunities to minister to our homebound.
- Teams will pray with our homebound on every visit.
- Teams will let the staff and deacons know if they would like for us to come by and administer the Lord’s Supper.
Now after this the Lord appointed seventy others, and sent them in pairs ahead of Him to every city and place where He Himself was going to come. And He was saying to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. Luke 10:1-2 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. James 5:16
- Prepare yourself and ask God to prepare the neighborhood.
- Go out in teams of 2 or 3.
- Walk with your eyes open, heart open, mouth open.
- When walking, talk to God, about what you see and hear.
- Pray about anything you observe.
- When you reach a person that could hear what you are saying, just stop talking to God until you have passed them and then continue.
- Be prepared to talk to God and not your partner.
- Be prepared to quote scripture as it comes to mind.
- Talk to God, not each other.
- Walk and Pray
- Open your eyes and your mouth as you walk; look to see what you can see.
- Pray for:
- The family that lives there
- Children in the family
- God’s blessing on them
- Their spiritual condition
- After prayer walking give a report to your team leader
- Report what you saw.
- Be prepared to receive your next area.
- Remember to pray daily for our Reach Teams
- How did your praying change?
- How did you focus on the people and needs of the community?
- Do you think this will affect the community?
The Construction Teams seek to minister to those who are in need of help in a material way that our team can provide in small construction projects to share Christ’s love and His Gospel.
The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me. Matt 25:40
- The Team will consist of enough people to complete the job.
- There may be jobs that require more people depending on the size and scope of the project.
- The job will be done at the convenience of the home owner and the team doing the job.
- Some team member will be asked to canvass the neighborhood going door-to-door trying to engage the people.
- While spreading the gospel will always be our first priority, safety will be our next priority.
- Each member of the team will be responsible to the team leader and follow his/her directions.
- Do not enter the house of the owner without being asked, or unless permission has already been given.
Church Ministry Packet Teams
This team will assemble Church Ministry packets for our Door to Door Outreach Teams to deliver to our guest and targeted areas. Contact the church office to have the office run copies and make sure we have enough supplies. Things needed for the outreach bags
- 3:16 gospel tract
- DBC brochure
- Letter from the pastor
- Card with times and events
Have the group:
- Stamp the tract with the church stamp or affix church label
- Fold the letter from the pastor with the logo showing
We will need enough supplies to assemble 100 bags or more if needed.
Praying For Our Teams
1 Tim 2:1-4 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Pray for Homebound Ministry Teams
- The homebound people who are not able to attend church anymore.
- Pray for their health, families, and spiritual well being.
- Pray for the teams as they go visit.
- Pray that our teams will be sensitive to the needs of the homebound.
Pray for the Prayer Walking Teams
- Pray for our teams and the neighborhoods they will be walking in.
- Pray for our team’s safety
- Pray God will reveal things they will need to pray for.
Praying for the Door to Door Teams
- Pray for the teams that are going Door to Door in the our neighborhoods
- Pray for their safety
- Pray for the people to be receptive
- Pray for opportunities to share the gospel.
Pray for the Construction teams
- Pray for our team doing the project
- Pray for their safety
- Pray for opportunities to share the gospel to occupant of the home and those in their neighborhood.
- Pray for the resources to get the job done.