*Previous lessons in this series can be found at the bottom of this page.
Know, Grow, Go
God created us for community and discipleship, both of which happen best in small-group settings. We have two simple goals in our small groups, which meet each Sunday at 9 a.m.:
• Developing a sense of community — Connect with believers walking through similar life stages, and building relationships that provide support and accountability. We encourage regular fellowship (in class and individual settings) to encourage relationships that go deeper than casual acquaintances and result.
• Life application of scripture — The Word of God is meant to be applied to our lives, so each lesson (which can be downloaded below) is designed to encourage discussion and expand practical application of scripture.
We base this approach on Acts 2:44-45:
“Day by day, continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.”
Just as the first church understood the importance of relationships in their spiritual lives, we believe involvement in a DBC small group provides the best opportunity to be actively engaged in each other’s lives, grow our faith through accountability and discussion of God’s Word, and reaching outside the boundaries of the campus to spread the Gospel.
Our small study groups, which meet each Sunday at 9 a.m., are organized by stage of life, so no matter where you are in your walk there are other believers with whom you can relate and grow in understanding of God’s calling. Our current small groups include:
• Young singles — This group is where young, single men and women who have graduated high school and are attending college or beginning their work lives get together for fellowship and study of God’s Word.
• Parents of young children — The members of this group understand what parents of young children go through on a daily basis. Join this class to study the living word of God, and build relationships that provide support during the challenges and celebration during the joys of parenting.
• Parents of older children — Those with high-schoolers and empty nesters can find support in this small group. Learn how others deal with the challenges of youth approaching high-school graduation and of spouses re-engaging one another after children leave home, while studying God’s Word.
• Women — If you are a single woman, a single mom or a wife whose husband does not attend church, this group offers a place of comfort and support.
• Older adults — Retired? Well, you never retire from study of God’s Word and the community of faith, so join this loving group that is devoted study of scripture, fellowship and service.
Current small-group study material — Kingdom Agenda
Beginning April 3, Tony Evans begins teaching us how the Christian message provides an agenda superior to all others. And discusses the need to put our faith into action.In this six-session study, Dr. Tony Evans teaches that the Bible has provided us with a clear authority and a comprehensive, dynamic approach to all of life. Following our own agendas—instead of God’s—will lead to chaos in our personal lives. The time has come for Christians to reevaluate and recommit to pursuing God’s one and only Kingdom agenda. Are you willing?
Each week’s lesson includes a short video that we encourage you to watch before Sunday so you’re fully prepared to discuss the lesson. NOTE: Enter 1655 when asked for a video PIN.
• The foundations of God’s kingdom — The kingdom agenda is the visible demonstration of the comprehensive rule of God over every area of life. Watch the video! Reference: John 18:33-37
• One life under God — God’s kingdom agenda has individual application for your priorities, purpose, calling, responsibilities and spiritual growth.Watch the video! Reference: Acts 13:32-37
• One family under God — If we want them to last, our families must be built on the stable, foundational kingdom principles expressed in God’s Word. Watch the video! Reference: Gen. 2:21-25
• One church under God — When a church is properly aligned with God’s kingdom agenda, then that church will have a powerful impact on society. Watch the video! Reference: Matt. 16:13-19
• One nation under God — As Christians, we must be influenced by God’s kingdom in such a way that we impact our community and nation. Watch the video! Reference: 2 Chron. 15:3-6
• Living God’s kingdom — We are called to implement the principles of God’s kingdom agenda in our lives, families, churches and nation. Watch the video! Reference: Ps.128:1-6
Join us beginning May 15 for our Authentic, a seven-week study in which James McDonald introduces us to spiritual disciplines that will help develop a closer walk with God.