Dutchtown Baptist Church is accepting Homestyle Chili which is defined by the International Chili Society as “any kind of meat or combination of ingredients resulting in a dish seasoned with chili peppers and spices.” We are not limiting the contest to specific types of chili, all are acceptable.
Dishes will be judged and awarded for the favorite pot of chili
1. Any chili entered should be completely cooked before the start of our event. Please bring your dish (while hot) in a pot, crock pot or container meant to keep the chili warm.
2. Chili ingredients are the responsibility of the contestants.
3. Each contestant is asked to cook a 6 quart crock pot or its equivalent of chili. This will allow guests to enjoy chili after the competition.
4. All entries should remain anonymous; your pot of chili will be assigned a number. It is not required, but requested to have your name hidden on any equipment.
5. Judging will be based on the following: chili flavor, texture, consistency, blend of spices, aroma and color.
6. Judges decisions will be final.
New this Year—Brownie Cook-off
1. Children in grades 6 and under are eligible to compete.
2. Children are asked to prepare their favorite pan of brownies and bring unsliced in the pan.
3. Judges will select their favorite brownie based on texture and taste.